1826 A chapel of ease, called St. Stephen's chapel, is consecrated at Edingswille Beach by Bishop Brown.
1833 A parish library and a Ladies Working Society are active organizations in Trinity Church.
1840 On December 28, the cornerstone is laid for a new church.
1841 A Sunday School for blacks is taught by the rector, the Rev. Charles Leveritt. A new (second) church is consecrated by Bishop Christopher Gadsden on November 14. It is 75 feet long by 48 feet wide annd has a portico with brick columns, a gallery capable of seating 200, and a steeple 100 feet high.
1858 An endowment at $30,000 is reported by the parish.
The War Between the States
1861 The Rector, the Rev. William Johnson, and the entire congregation flee Edisto Island in the face of advancing Union forces.
1865 The Bible, Prayer Book, and Altar are lost during the war. Occupying federal Army forces use the church as an observation post.
The Late Eighteen Hundreds
1870 The Rev. W.O. Prentiss, rector, reports there are 30 white and 112 black communicants.
1876 On February 28, sparks from a fire in a nearby field spread and burn the church to almost complete destruction.
1879 The parish reports an income of $62.76.
1880 With only 10 men and 27 women communicants, a new church (the third and present) is raised costing $2000.
1881 The present church is consecrated by Bishop Howe.
1893 The Church is almost completely destroyed by a hurricane in August, but is rebuilt. the fine interior work was done by a former slave.
1895 The Rev. B. B. Sams has charge of the churches on Edisto, Wadmalaw, John's Island, Bluffton and Estill - a circuit of 16,000 miles a year.
The War Between World Wars
1923 The Annual Parish Meeting passes a resolution instructin the vestry to strike the word 'male' wherever it occurs in the By-Laws.
1930 A chapel is built, call the Church of the Mediator, as part of the missionary work among the black population of Edisto.
1933 A summer rectory is built for the Rector and his family of eight near the beach.
1940 In August, a severe hurricane damages the church and tears off most of the roof.
Post War and Modern Church
1948 A great celebration is held in October to mark the 155th anniversary of the parish.
1951 Electric lights are installed in the church.
1954 The present pulpit is placed in the church.
1957 The original portion of Thomas Hall is completed.
1967 Floors, pews, and windows in the church are renovated or redecorated 1967-1971.
1979 The Rev. Edward G. Meeks is installed as rector on All Saints Day.
1981 The 275th anniversary of the establishment of the Episcopal Church on Edisto and the 100th anniversary of the present church is celebrated.
1982 In November, the Rev. Donald R. Morris is installed as rector.
1984 An addition to Thomas Hall is built.
1991 The Rev. E. Weyman Camp, IV is ordained at Trinity becoming the first full-time rector.
1994 The 220th birthday of the founding of an Episcopal Church on Edisto is celebrated.
1995 The first choir in the history of the parish is formed. Temple Hall (Fellowship Hall, offices, and classrooms) named in honor of Bishop Grey Temple and his wife, Maria, is dedicated by Bishop Edward L. Salmon, Jr.
1996 An Allen digital organ is installed in the sanctuary.
1998 'Pon Top Edisto' goes into its second printing within six months and goes nationwide. The first full time secretary, Tonya Perryman, is hired.
2001 The Rev, E. Weyman Camp IV is instrumental in the first island-wide revival including 14 churches of different denominations. The first female Senior Warden, Frances Richardson, is elected to the Vestry.
2002 Sanctuary renovations finished thanks to the 'Pon Top Edisto's support. The church now has a copper roof!
2003 Hired an Associate Rector, the Rev. Henry M. Cheves.
2007 Jane's Building (youth ministry building) named in honor of Jane McCollum is dedicated by Bishop Edward L. Salmon Jr.